I love pancakes, but when you are trying to watch what you eat, they aren’t the healthiest option for breakfast. So when I found this recipe, it didn’t look too bad. I tried it and it actually tastes really good! Who knew? I added the baking powder and vanilla protein powder to mine. I think it made a difference in the texture and taste.
The blog post for this recipe is from Willowbird Baking and you can read about it HERE. Maybe you’ll even find a couple other recipes you like!
- 1 large banana (it should yield 1/3 to 1/2 cup, mashed)
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder (optional, but recommended)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla whey protein powder (optional, you can also add a touch of vanilla extract instead)
- Place a medium skillet over medium heat on the stove. Let it heat up while you prepare the pancakes. It’s ready when water dropped into the pan sizzles.
- To prepare the pancakes, mash the banana well with a couple of forks. Add the eggs, baking powder, and protein powder (if using) and whisk until well combined. Spray the skillet with nonstick cooking spray before adding in 2-3 tablespoons of the pancake mixture.
- Let the pancakes cook for 25-30 seconds before flipping and letting the other side cook for the same amount of time. Remove to a plate and serve with nut butter, sugar-free syrup, butter, fruit, or whatever you’d like!