If you like something with a little kick, this is the Superbowl snack for you! I love buffalo chicken wings, so to make this into a dip, well, yummmmm! I found this recipe a couple years ago in a local magazine. It’s really good, so if you need something to get you through the Superbowl, or something to take to a party, this is the dish for you.
I’ll post the original instructions as they were printed in the magazine. I’ve made a couple changes since I’ve been making it. First, I only use (1) 8-oz package of cream cheese, 2 is just too much for me. I like mine with the ranch dressing, but if you like blue cheese, then I bet that’s good too. I do not put any cheese on top of the dish – I don’t think it needs it. 🙂
Don’t forget to check out what goodness the rest of our food blog circle has for this month. Next up is Alicia from Aerie Photography!
Here’s the original recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and meat shredded
- 3/4 cup hot pepper sauce (such as Crystal), or to taste
- 2 – 8-oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or colby-jack cheese
- Celery and/or carrots, cleaned and cut into sticks
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, warm chicken and hot sauce until just starting to bubble.
- Add cream cheese and ranch or blue cheese dressing, stirring to combine.
- Cook until warm; transfer to an 8×8 glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the cheese, cover, and bake until hot an bubbly, about 20 minutes.
- Serve with celery and/or carrot sticks and tortilla chips.